Embark on a comfortable outrigger canoe Oti’a are and take part in a lively cultural escapade with Narii your tour guide.
Cultural experience on a motu
92.00€ – 185.00€
Your excursion starts with a stroll on an islet, also called motu in Maohi. Narii will introduce you the various fruit trees and plants found on the motu and he’ll explain their use and benefits. Then you will be invited to learn about Polynesian practices through several workshops. Depending on the seasons, you will be able to choose between :
– flower crowns making : using both flowers and foliage, you can create real tahitian accessories.
– seashell bracelet making: to keep as a souvenir or to offer to your loved ones.
– weaving technics : one of the major art of the local culture.
– the coconut tree in all its forms: at the heart of all Tahitian legends, its uses are multiple, and each part of the plant is used for food, medicine, cosmetics, construction or manufacture of various objects.
– polynesian dishes made with fruits : banana, papaya or pupmkin po’e, uru gratin… a mouthwatering program.
– the benefits of medicinal plants: also called raau Tahiti, you will learn, among other thing, about the use of the tamanu, the miri (local basil), or the auti.
The excursion will then continue with an initiation to the va’a, the traditionnal outrigger canoe. You will be shown how to maneuver the canoe in the safe perimeter of the motu. Watersports lovers will not be disappointed. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to snorkel in the glimmering lagoon of Bora Bora and swim with sharks and rays or discover a colourful coral garden. To top it off, you will enjoy the last moments of the day watching the sun go down and illuminate the sky with its golden rays.
Duration : half day (1:00 pm to 6:00 pm)
Included : refreshements, snorkeling gear, transfers from and to your hotel
Not Included : lunch
Do not forget : camera, swimsuit and towel, sunscreen, clothes to change
Availability : every Mondays and Thursdays
Good to know : this tour can be privatized for the half day or the full day with lunch